• Reminder: Reserve Your Ticket for 2021 MUAHS Awards

    Local 706 Members!

    You and Your Friends are invited to the LIVE Virtual Event


    Emmy® and Golden Globe®- nominated actor,
    star and executive producer of ABC’s multi-award-nominated sitcom "black-ish

    Saturday, April 3, 2021

    4:00 PM PST --  "Meet the MUAHS' Pre-show

    4:30 PM PST -- Red Carpet
    5:00 PM PST -- Show

    Click HERE for more into and to reserve your FREE General Admission tickets thru EVENTBRITE

    For full details, see the flyer below...

    Read more

  • Join the Election Committee!


    Local 706 Members- By July 2021 we will be starting the process for the 2022-2024 Elections. If you wish to be a part of the Election Committee please email President Julie Socash – juliesocash706pres@gmail.com, and also mail a hard copy request to the Local 706 offices- 828 N. Hollywood Way Burbank, CA 91505 advising her of your interest.

    To be eligible you must be a member in good standing and eligible for appointive office.

    Read more

  • West Coast Mask Initiative Wants to Thank You!


    As most of you know, during the beginning of the pandemic the IA asked 705 and 892 to spear head a mask making initiative to help front line workers. To date, with the help of hundreds of members, we have made 44,793 masks and have just over 500 medical masks still to be made. Local 892 is making a documentary of the initiative and would like to give every last member who helped the thank you they deserve!

    For more details, see the flyer below.

    Email your name and how you helped to bromanov@cdgia.com

    Read more

  • California Rent Relief is Here!

    Relief is available NOW for eligible households who need financial assistance for unpaid rent and utilities.

    Eligible households:

    · Have experienced financial hardship because of COVID‐19
    · Have past due rent or utility bills
    · Have a household income under 80% of the area median income

    Verify your eligibility at HousingIsKey.com or by calling 1-833‐430‐2122.

    Help is available for:

    · Rent Debt
    · Future Rent
    · Utility Debt
    · Future Utility Bills

    How does it work?

    If you are a landlord, you can apply directly to be reimbursed for 80% of your eligible renters’ unpaid rent from April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021, if you agree to waive the remaining 20%.

    If you are a renter, you can apply directly to receive 25% of your unpaid rent from April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021, even if your landlord doesn’t participate. You can also receive assistance for future rent equal to 25% of your monthly rent. Renters can also get 100% of past due utility payments from April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021, as well as up to 12 months of future utility bills.

    Documentation needed:

    Renters must provide documentation of COVID-19 related financial hardship, such as a recent pay stub, job termination notice, unemployment assistance, etc.

    Landlords must provide verification of residence ownership and rent owed. More information here.

    Once an application has been processed, both the landlord and renter will be notified about the application status and next steps.

    Need help with your application?

    Many local organizations can provide support on the application process:

    Los Angeles County

    · Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment Institute, (888) 428-7615
    · City of Bell Gardens, (562) 806-7654
    · The Community Action League, (661) 888-3856
    · Stay Housed LA County, 1-888-694-0040
    · Koreatown Immigrant Workers Alliance, (213) 738-9050
    · PF Bresee Foundation, (213) 387-2822
    · United American Indian Involvement, (213) 804-3405

    Ventura County

    · Mixteco Indigena Community Organizing Project, (805) 850-8327

    For more information on California's rental assistance program AND protections for tenants who cannot pay rent due to COVID-19, visit www.HousingIsKey.com or call 1-833‐430‐2122.

    Read more

Copyright © 2022
Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Local 706.
All rights reserved