LOS ANGELES, Oct. 20, 2016 – The Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild (MUAHS, IATSE Local 706), announced that the Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards honoring outstanding achievements for make-up artists and hair stylists in motion pictures, television, commercials, and live theater, will take place on Sunday, February 19, 2017. The location for the awards will be confirmed in upcoming weeks. The announcement was made today by IATSE Local 706 president Sue Cabral-Ebert.
The entry and voting timeline for the 2017 Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards is:
• Friday, October 28, 2016 - Voting begins for Lifetime Achievement & Artisan Awards
• Friday, October 28, 2016 - Submissions open for qualified entries
• Friday, November 11, 2016 - Voting closes for Lifetime Achievement & Artisan Awards (5:00 pm PST)
• Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - Submissions close (5:00 pm PST)
• Friday, December 9, 2016 - Qualified nominations voting begins
• Friday, January 6, 2017 - Qualified nominations voting closes (5:00 pm PST)
• Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - Nominations announced
• Friday, January 20, 2017 - Final voting begins
• Friday, February 10, 2017 - Final voting closes (5:00 pm PST)
• Sunday, February 19, 2017 - Winners announced at the Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards
*Dates subject to change
For a complete list of the MUAHS Awards Rules and Regulations visit www.local706.org. Further inquiries regarding the MUAHS Awards rules should be directed to Kathy Sain in the MUAHS Awards Office at (818) 295-3933 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Make-Up Artists and Hair Stylists Guild (IATSE, Local 706) was chartered in November 1937. Today, membership includes over 1,800 artisans in the entertainment industry worldwide. Local 706 members are make-up artists and hair stylists who have created the looks for Hollywood's most memorable characters and stars of stage, screen, television and now the Internet. The wide-ranging domains of these artists include feature films and television, commercials; "live" network television, all types of theatrical productions and Disneyland theme parks. Local 706 Members have created notable characters competing for Academy Awards®, Primetime Emmys®, Daytime Entertainment Emmys®, Saturn Awards®, BAFTA Awards®, and many other honors for make-up and hair styling artistry including their own Hollywood Make-up Artists and Hair Stylists Guild Awards. The Local 706 Guild publishes The Artisan, a glossy quarterly magazine, and provides panels, workshops and training both for members and others interested in the field to foster a spirit of innovation in the craft. For more info, visit www.local706.org or get #MUAHSawards updates on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Weissman/Markovitz Communications • Cheri Warner • Nicole Player
818.760.8995 • email@example.com • firstname.lastname@example.org
Jill Carrigan • Laurie Flamholtz • IngleDodd Media
310.207.4410 • MUAHSawards@ingledodd.com